Tuesday 10 May 2011

Multiple Points

Continuing on the 'Points' theme here I have to set up a still life composition made up of several similar small shaped objects. By introducing each object in turn the idea is to finally end up with a grouping avoiding regular shapes but ensuring the image hold together.
The camera had to be fixed so composition was altered by moving the object alone.

f1.4-1/25-400-50mm

I decided to use chocolates and arrange the box in the top corner so that I could have an area (plate) to arrange the chocolate 'mini' display.







f1.4-1/25-400-50mm










f1.4-1/25-400-50mm










f1.4-1/25-400-50mm

Here I decided to move one of the chocolates from its original position in the 3rd shot and slightly rearrange the others.







f1.4-1/25-400-50mm

Again several of the object were re-positioned to give a more pleasing outcome, while trying to stay away from regular shapes.







f1.4-1/25-400-50mm

Chocolates rearranged again.








f1.4-1/25-400-50mm

Final arrangement.
Again I wasn't overly happy with my previous shot, with the introduction of another object I decided to rearrange the entire layout until I finished with what you see.

I found this quite difficult at first, as when introducing more objects to the scene I wanted to arrange them logically in a pattern.

No comments: